Sunday, February 17, 2008

"I have abandoned hope on trying to make....."

I watch too much TV. Food Network has been on TV since I woke up this morning. Cleaning the house to Boy Meets Grill, cleaning litter boxes to the Barefoot Contessa (how appropriate)and now I'm making pizza to Diners Drive Ins and Dives. How else can I justify my cable bill as a legitimate business expense?

Well, from this much TV working it's way into my thought processes, I came up with an idea. I'm going to help you. By you, I mean you, specifically, the person reading this page. Have you tried repeatedly, yet failed miserably to make a certain dish? I'm here to rescue your kitchen failures. OK, so maybe I'm just testing the blog readership level. Mal Carne, it's a household name.

If you are in need of rescue, just post a comment to this post - something like:

"Dear benevolent, caring, handsome Mr. (Bad) Meat,

I love insert dish here however, I am a miserable failure and throw myself at your mercy. Please help me.

Most Respectfully,
hopeless reader"

Give it a try, you just might learn something.

4 comments:

joe positive said...

Dear benevolent, caring, handsome Mr. (Bad) Meat,

I love a good cream-based sauce (not necessarily alfredo, but that's an example) however, I am a miserable failure and throw myself at your mercy. The damn thing always breaks. I do not want to resort to flour or other thickener. Please help me.

Most Respectfully,
joe positive

Urban Eater said...

Dear benevolent, caring, handsome Mr. Meat,

I love a good rack of BBQ Ribs however, I am a miserable failure and throw myself at your mercy. I always seem to either A) burn them or B) not cook them through and then have to finish them in the oven. I like to use a Brown Sugar Rub and a Molasses sauce for basting.

Most Respectfully,
The Urban Eater

Urban Eater said...

Oh, I'm sorry.

"Please help me Mr. Meat."

Dave said...

Dear benevolent, caring, handsome Mr. (Bad) Meat,

I've never been able to master the omelet, nor even make one successfully. I am ashamed. I am a miserable failure and throw myself at your mercy. Please help me.

Most Respectfully,
Dave